Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Good News to Share" from Ed Bacon



I wanted to share with you the good news that our friend and inspiration Archbishop Desmond Tutu (pictured here during his February 2011 visit to Pasadena) has been awarded the $1.7 million 2013 Templeton Prize for "helping inspire people around the world by promoting forgiveness and justice."

I also want to share this email exchange I had with him in response to the prize announcement and invite you to join with me in giving thanks for the prophetic ministry of Archbishop Tutu and the privilege of partnering with him in the work of making God’s love tangible 24/7 here at All Saints Church!
My dear brother, father, and friend,

Congratulations on receiving the Templeton Prize. It is so richly deserved and will no doubt send ripples of grace, justice, and nonviolence into the world again from your prayerful heart, soul, and mind. Let us at All Saints know if you need anything for your ministry.

Blessings and love always,
Ed
And I received in return this note from "the Arch:"
Kosher Bacon,

Thank you and all at All Saints. This belongs to us all. I stand out only because you all carry me on your shoulders. Thank you for partnering with us over these many years and giving us so much refreshment.

Much love …
Arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment